Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My Itunes "Celebrity" Playlist

One of my favorite options on Itunes is the celebrity playlist. I get such enjoyment in reading these lists and the celebrity's reasoning behind their inane choices. What I best like about this exercise in music voyeurism is that I know these stars are trying make their list have music geek credibility. Every time I read a list with John Coltrane, Billie Holiday or Johny Cash I LMAO because you know that is just a huge poser move. You and I both know that Melissa Joan Hart does not know Billie Holiday from Bill Buckner. But somewhere along the way they heard it was cooler to like John Coltrane than Lionel Richie, well that is just BS. I like music that makes me feel good... I like Lionel Richie, and I don't care who knows it. So without further adieu here is the AYFR official celebrity playlist.

1) All Will Be Well- Gabe Dixon Band - Great chill out song... But its not depressing like so may other slower songs.

2) Always On My Mind - Elvis - My favorite Elvis song (that changes every few years, so don't hold me to it). Enough said.

3) Tiny Dancer - Elton John - I am a big Elton John fan (special thanks to HS friend Chris Ley who was obsessed with Elton and it kind of rubbed off on me) and this is one his best. I always think of Almost Famous when I hear this song.

4) Sexual Healing - Marvin Gaye - Oh I love this song, let me count the ways 1. I do it at karaoke (not well by the way) 2. Marvin Gaye is so money it is sick 3. It make me hot just like an oven.

5)Twisted - Keith Sweat - First off I never thought ol' Keith got the credit he deserved for being the driving force behind New Edition (sorry Bobby, its my prerogative to believe that Keith owns you vocally). Second this song reminds me of the parties at the lodge back in the day.

6)Dave Matthew - Crush - Love Dave even though overall the last few albums have kind of sucked. This song reminds me of standing in the rain at Deer Creek (I refuse to acknowledge a wireless company sponsorship of the Creek) a few years back.

7)Living Thing - ELO - My Pop was a huge ELO fan and I guess he passed it on to me. The ELO sound was so original, even if you don't like a song you have to admire their originality. Oh by the way fellas I forgive you for Xanadu.

8) Doctor My Eyes - Jackson Browne - It was a toss up here between this song and Running on Empty. Really love both songs and think to this day Jackson Browne is awesome.

9) No Woman, No Cry - Bob Marley - Another great chill song, I am not a big reggae lover, but you have to appreciate the talent of Bob Marley. This song is also a great break up song. True words have never been spoken, No Woman, No Cry, you tell em Bob.

10) You're My Best Friend - Queen - I am total mark for Queen. I could have picked any number of songs for this list. RIP Freddy. I also love the montage to this song at the beginning of The Break Up.

So that is my list... wait I just realized I left off my boy Lionel Richie. Guess I am a big poser too. Well for the record I do love Easy, Lionel if your out there I hope a little shout out makes up for not making my playlist...

In the words of Lionel - "I am easy like Sunday morning",

Reavo

No comments: