Friday, March 21, 2008

Kick'in it Old School

As the fam' and I drove to Marshall, IL today to celebrate furry jumping creatures that hide eggs in your yard day, we passed through Terre Haute, IN home of Indiana State University. In a instance I flashed-back LOST style to my college days. Ah I miss those days... living the dream, living the dream. I loved oh so many things about my college experience, here are just a few...

Hanging with the fellas playing wiffleball, eating endless bowls of cereal at the Quad, quarter beer night at the Ballyhoo, the trike race, Big Daddy making pledges get him food from the Commons, Joe Taylor wearing his PJs to class for a full semester, Pyatt walking home from Lazy L (West T is no place to walk home from!) because his hayride date was annoying, Rob Todd stealing my hayride date when I was a pledge because he had pin on me, road trip to Illinois State, road trip to see Jenny Jones (Topic: You think your all that and a bag of chips, but your NOT!), TEST FILES, hanging with Snax and Lungs, Brad "Lungs" Young claiming he only smoked 3 packs of Camels a day because he was trying to get enough Camels Cash for the canoe and camping set, Luke greasing the stairs when the Pikes were training for trike, two words: Clase Bottlerocket, 6th Ave, Phil gambling and losing, a former roommate not showering for a full at least 3 weeks(dude had some serious funk working), 11:00am shots with Trav and Floyd, Trav's totally unhealthy obsession with Axle Rose, missing more classes than I actually attended, girlfriends who did papers for me, Fruity Pebbles w/ Sarah, me and Stanley's totally awesome 55 gallon fish tank (that room was P-I-M-P), the lodge, my cake job at the library, Dr. Little's Library Science class, Spring Break in Graceland (that is the way I roll), endless euchre games, formal in St. Louis, watching Caddyshack every afternoon with Phil, breaking stuff in Luke's room, Popeye's bike trick show, just trying figure out Brock, Gross's home pierced nipple getting infected, Softball Tourney in New Orleans (my stomach is rock'in and rolling)... Fout's head nearly exploding, Matty D still tight rolling his jeans in 1996, Beach Clash, Carlson's rigging elections, the missing Zeta jacket (I am getting Cold!) and oh so many more.

those were the days.

No comments: