Sunday, March 23, 2008

Am I Eligible For My Midlife Crisis?

Today I turned 35 (yes on Easter, now I know how all those Christmas babies feel) and it brings me to a very interesting question.

Am I Eligible For My Midlife Crisis?

I figure that my life expectancy is probably around 70 years of age which means that I should have reached full eligibility for my Midlife crisis. So do I get to buy a sports car? Should I maybe buy a Harley? Maybe I need to color my hair and deck myself out in some sweet gold bling...

Naw... I think I better just kick it the way I have been. First off I am not really a gear head so a sports car would be wasted on me. Since I can barely walk down the hall without falling down, a motorcycle would almost assuredly lower my life expectancy a great deal. I like my hair with the premature grey (you try being married 11 years and NOT going grey) and my Pop has the gold bling covered (Mr. T has nothing on my old man...) so I don't want to bite his style.

But maybe I do need to make a few changes in my life. My wife recently bought a new wall plaque that says Live Laugh Love (from JCPenny no less, nothing but the best for my fam). I think that is a great motto for life. I live plenty (don't believe me? guess you have never been to a Wii party with me). I laugh more than my fair share, I may actually want to tone it down a bit. But I perhaps I could love a little more. I can sometimes hold grudges or be less than forgiving. So thats my resolution for the second half of this life (however long it lasts)... To love a little more.

In the words of Kanye "Havin' money's not everything not havin' it is I was splurgin' on trizz,"

Reavo

No comments: