Sunday, September 21, 2008

NFL Picks Week 3

NFL Picks – Alright let’s see if I can light it up again with another week of amazing picks. The games were very tough this week. I am a big spread junkie so this will be a challenging week to try to lay off the sucker bets.

Atlanta -5 ½ (Tough game here, KC is horrible and ATL had one good game and one bad game. When in doubt, pick against KC, especially when they have a backup QB going.)

Cleveland +2 (Another difficult game here. What does it say about B-more, that they don’t even get the 3 point cushion for being the home team? I am going with Cleveland.)

Oakland +9 ½ (Buffalo wins, but does not cover. Oakland is banged up and Buffalo is an improved football team, however I feel their value might be an inflated a bit here.)

Chicago -3 (Bears rebound from last week’s loss. I would not be surprised if this game ends in a push.)

Green Bay +3 (The balance of power in the NFL may be shifting back to the NFC. Dallas, Green Bay and Philly all look really tough. This is a very good early season match up. Green Bay has to love being a 2-0 home dog. This could be another push game, but I like Green Bay at home.)

New Orleans +5 ½ (The football Gods will punish Denver for last week’s theft of a victory. I like NO getting the 5 ½ in a game I think they might just win.)

Jacksonville +5 (Once again I am picking against my Colts. I feel like they Horseshoes will pick up the win, but not cover the spread. )

Minnesota -3 ½ (The Viking s are a pretty good team without a QB. Is the Gus Bus the answer? Not likely, however I think they pick up the W and cover here. I am worried about the Steve Smith factor here, but something tells me the Vikes will not go 3 – 0.)

Miami + 12 ½ (This spread is just too big with the way NE is playing games right now. They are playing the dump it short game, trying to keep Cassel out of trouble style of football. Thus far the safe route it is working, but that is not the kind of game plan you win by 12 ½ with. )

Cincinnati +13 (I hate this game! I hate it because I am a sucker for big spread underdogs. You and I both know Cincinnati is going to lose this game and big, but how big? I guess I think less than 13, because I am picking the worst team in football. Mark me down for the sucker bet.)

Philly -3 ½ (Look for Philly to blowout Pittsburgh here… I think they win by a 10 spot.)

Detroit +4 (The Detroit resurgence starts today! Ok maybe not, but I do like the Lions to keep this close if not win.)

St. Louis +9 ½ (First off I think the Rams might be the second worst team in football, but I also think Seattle is a bad team… so I guess I go with the team that is getting 9 ½. Call it my big spread addiction.)

Tennessee -4 ½ (The Texans will not be able to run against the Haynesworth anchored line… Titans win by a touch.)

Arizona +3 (I will pick Zona all day here, Cardinals by 9 points… chalk it up.)

Jets +8 ½ (Farve on Monday night… LT is banged up… Phillip Rivers is a gutless punk. I am rolling the dice and taking the Jets.)

1 comment:

Me said...

Repeat after me, the Rams are that bad.