Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Daddy II “The Sequel” This time it’s personal…

For those frequent readers of the blog (all three of you) that have not heard and maybe were wondering where I have been recently (besides picking NFL games)… I am making a return to the hood… fatherhood that is.

Maybe “return” is not the right term, as it’s not like I ever stopped being a father to CJ. But the return to being a father to a new born is definitely something that took a while to wrap my mind a round. I thought at 35 and with a seven year old only 11 short years from the launch pad, I was well past my diaper changing days. Its not that I did not enjoy the first one, but I had decided, in my head at least, Sarah and I were one and done.

So how did we get here? I will save everybody 5th grade health class recap, but my guess is a little to much sushi and wine one night mixed with a little defective birth control (user error maybe?) yada, yada, yada and a baby #2 is on the way. So now we need to get all that stuff that was previously given away or sold, things like a crib, baby monitors and the goofy chair that shakes like a car in need of an alignment.

But that is not to say that I am not excited. Surprised? Yes, but like many things in life the unexpected events are the most exciting and often rewarding. Once you get past the not so fun stuff, like midnight feeding and diapers, you remember all the wonderful things like, giggling babies, first steps, first words and the way your baby looks at you and makes you melt with love. My feeling on kids in general is they are kind of like farts... I dont want to be around yours, but I like mine just fine. I love being a father to CJ and I am thrilled to continue to build the life Sarah and I have together by expand our family by one.

Oh yeah and one of the best parts of the new arrival… The naming! Yes we have to find a name for baby X… Due to a clause in my contract, I have exclusive naming rights to all children that Sarah and I create. The front runners as we speak are Cooper, Brick, Nate, Bailey, Clark, Eight, and Major for a boy. For a girl we are looking at Kelsey, Natalie, Emily and Addison. Let me know what you think.

We are looking at a April 4th release date so be on the look out for Daddy II “The Sequel” This time it’s personal…

No comments: