Saturday, September 27, 2008

NFL Picks Recap Week 3

Atlanta -5 ½ (Tough game here, KC is horrible and ATL had one good game and one bad game. When in doubt, pick against KC, especially when they have a backup QB going.)

Recap- Started the day with a nice W. I think what we learned here is that KC is really in trouble this season. I still think The ATL is still a mystery team. Rookie QB’s are scary, but this team has a nice running game so who knows.

Cleveland +2 (Another difficult game here. What does it say about B-more, that they don’t even get the 3 point cushion for being the home team? I am going with Cleveland.)

Recap- Man I missed this one big time. I really thought Cleveland would be decent this year… but then again I thought investing in AIG was a good idea as well.

Oakland +9 ½ (Buffalo wins, but does not cover. Oakland is banged up and Buffalo is an improved football team, however I feel their value might be an inflated a bit here.)

Recap- Picked this one right! Oakland is not a bad football team… They have decent skill position players. How good could they be if they did not have Cloris Leachman as an owner (don’t act like you have not noticed the resemblance)?

Chicago -3 (Bears rebound from last week’s loss. I would not be surprised if this game ends in a push.)

Recap - I biffed here, but this game should have an asterisk. The Bears got jobbed on a bad call. The Bears should be 3 – 0 rather than 1 – 2.

Green Bay +3 (The balance of power in the NFL may be shifting back to the NFC. Dallas, Green Bay and Philly all look really tough. This is a very good early season match up. Green Bay has to love being a 2-0 home dog. This could be another push game, but I like Green Bay at home.)

Recap – Wrong! I was way off here. Dallas is just in a different class this year. The NFC East is far and away the best conference in football this year.

New Orleans +5 ½ (The football Gods will punish Denver for last week’s theft of a victory. I like NO getting the 5 ½ in a game I think they might just win.)

Recap – That’s more like it. I have a soft spot for this team, not sure why, but I always kind of pull for them. I think it’s a Ditka and Katrina thing , call Diktrina effect. They lost this game, but covered for me here.

Jacksonville +5 (Once again I am picking against my Colts. I feel like they Horseshoes will pick up the win, but not cover the spread. )

Recap – Picked against my boys again this week. I just have no confidence in the run defense at this point. I still think the horseshoes make the playoffs, but they need to string together some wins after the bye week. Never the less, I won this game.

Minnesota -3 ½ (The Viking s are a pretty good team without a QB. Is the Gus Bus the answer? Not likely, however I think they pick up the W and cover here. I am worried about the Steve Smith factor here, but something tells me the Vikes will not go 3 – 0.)

Recap – Does Reavo know football? Yes he does. I told you the Vikings would not go 0 -3. Carolina is O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D.

Miami + 12 ½ (This spread is just too big with the way NE is playing games right now. They are playing the dump it short game, trying to keep Cassel out of trouble style of football. Thus far the safe route it is working, but that is not the kind of game plan you win by 12 ½ with. )

Recap – I hit this one on the nose. Matt Cassell, I’ve watched Tom Brady and you sir are no Tom Brady.

Cincinnati +13 (I hate this game! I hate it because I am a sucker for big spread underdogs. You and I both know Cincinnati is going to lose this game and big, but how big? I guess I think less than 13, because I am picking the worst team in football. Mark me down for the sucker bet.)

Recap – Bam! I am on fire baby. The Natty actually came play and almost picked off the G-Men. In typical Bengal fashion they blew it… as usual. Quick shout out to my HS girlfriend and Bengal’s fan Monica that popped her third puppy this week! Congrats Monica!

Philly -3 ½ (Look for Philly to blowout Pittsburgh here… I think they win by a 10 spot.)

Recap – I called this one almost to the point. I said Philly would win by 10, and they only won by 9, my bad.

Detroit +4 (The Detroit resurgence starts today! Ok maybe not, but I do like the Lions to keep this close if not win.)

Recap – Hi. My name is Reavo and I am a Lions-apologist. I have made excuses for this team all year. They were my sleeper pick to come out of nowhere and make the playoffs. I love Megatron and Roy Williams (when healthy). I was as wrong… oh so wrong about this team. This is one crappy ballclub.

St. Louis +9 ½ (First off I think the Rams might be the second worst team in football, but I also think Seattle is a bad team… so I guess I go with the team that is getting 9 ½. Call it my big spread addiction.)

Recap – I don’t care how big the spread is I will not pick the Rams again all year. They make the Lions look good.

Tennessee -4 ½ (The Texans will not be able to run against the Haynesworth anchored line… Titans win by a touch.)

Recap – Dy-no-mite! I am that good. Breaks my heart to say this, but I think the Titans maybe looking at an AFC South title.

Arizona +3 (I will pick Zona all day here, Cardinals by 9 points… chalk it up.)

Recap – I really thought Zona was the real deal. I am still pissy, because I actually lost money on this game. That’s what I get for putting money on Arizona.

Jets +8 ½ (Farve on Monday night… LT is banged up… Phillip Rivers is a gutless punk. I am rolling the dice and taking the Jets.)

Recap – Man I missed this one big. No excuses, just way off. Jets are not as good as I thought.

Week 3 Record – 9 – 7 – 0
Season Record – 17 – 12 – 1

No comments: