Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Enigma that is Brock…

So I have been MIA from blogging this week. I did eight miles on Saturday training for the mini and my right foot has been killing me ever since. I am not sure what I did to it but man it hurts. I have also been very busy this week with my new obsession… Scramble on Facebook. It’s basically a boggle rip-off, but it has me hooked.

I also really have not had much to write about this week, nothing has really caught me as blog-worthy, like I really ever blog about front page news?

Then it came to me… Brock. I need to blog about Brock. Brock is a buddy of mine. Actually he is more than a buddy he is one of my best friends, heck the guy was one of my groomsmen. I also believe he is a CIA operative or maybe a magician. I met Brock my freshman year of college. Brock was one of the few actives in my fraternity that actually was cool to me when I was a pledge. Brock has always been dope. He is the guy that is always up for a beer, a game of golf or hitting the bricks for a road trip. In short Brock is a very cool dude. A guy like Brock is a must have for any entourage… easy to get along with and up for anything.

But… And there always is a but, right? But Brock also is an enigma that I will never fully understand. From the very early days of knowing Brock I realized he was a different bird. First off Brock used to disappear without telling anyone (maybe because of a secret CIA mission?). You would walk down to his room on a Tuesday and ask his roommate where Brock was and he would be like “no idea, I have not seen him” then Brock would be MIA for two or three days. When he return there would be no explanation, besides maybe a “oh I decided to head home for a few days.” Dude, tell someone, give us a heads up. More than a few times we considered calling THPD and reporting Brock missing. Hell we almost put him on a milk carton once he gone so long.

Brock also appears out of nowhere. Last summer Brock started this deal of appearing out of thin air (he is almost Copperfield-like). Brock and I were going to go golfing one weekend and he was supposed to meet me at my house. Well I am out in my driveway putting my clubs in my car and poof (!) Brock appears behind me. When I say appeared I mean appeared, no car, no sounds of footsteps... he was just there. Brock says he parked on the wrong road and walked over, but I believe he has developed a teleportation skill.

So maybe Brock is a bit of an enigma, but aren’t we all in our own way? I mean some of us blog and some of us disappear and reappear. In the end Brock is wicked cool in my book, heck the guy never made me pay for a formal or hayride in four years of college (he just charged everyone else in the chapter extra so he and I could go for free… suckas!) but I still think he maybe a CIA operative or a magician.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Is this man Comso Kramer?