Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Essence Of Philly - He, Who Gambles, Loses

I recently blogged about my friend Brock, within minutes of the post going live I received an e-mail from my boy Philly. He wrote how funny he thought the post was and he rolling on the ground laughing (I am pretty funny, if I do say so myself). So I thought if he liked reading about Brock, hell he will love reading about himself. Good for the goose and all that stuff.

I have so many stories about Philly that it is really tough to narrow it down to just one. I mean do I write about the time I got Philly free tickets to the 500 and he proceeded to get so, drunk he could not walk home? Or maybe I write about the night he got drunk and picked a fight with a guy, and met his future wife in the same night, dude is a serious pimp. No I must share with you a very special night, a night when Phillip gambled and lost.

It was a few years after we were out of college and a few of the fellas decided to hit the old college stomping grounds for a little bro’s weekend retreat (read drunken debauchery of the worst kind). Well after a day of drinking at homecoming we decided to hit a party at the house (can you say still trying to live the college dream?).

Well I look at Philly and he had a very strange expression on his face. I walk over to him and ask “what the deal?”
Philly says dejected “I gambled and I lost”
I said “what do you mean you gambled and lost?”
Philly looked at me with stone cold seriousness and said “I thought I was going to fart, but I poo-pooed in my panties.”
Yes that is why I love Philly.

No comments: