Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday Funnies

It’s been a while since I have checked in. I have been wicked busy at work recently and I have been trying to feed my Scramble addiction whenever possible, so keeping up with my blog seems to have taken a back seat to a paycheck and word finding games, my apologies loyal reader. To make up for a lack of recent posts I will hit on a few different subjects, so put on your A.D.D. reading caps and we will get this bad boy rolling….

Recent Itunes Downloads –
I downloaded the new Everclear album this week. This is odd for me as I usually prefer to cherry pick my favorite cuts off an album rather than download the full monty, but after sampling the Vegas Years, I knew this would be the exception to the rule. The album offers Everclear’s take on some of the band's favorite covers tunes. The group’s unique rock flavor adds a nice edge to songs like This Land is your Land and Land of the Lost. An interesting side note, the group also seems to love songs with girl in the title including the follow cuts Rich Girl, American Girl, Southern Girls and you guessed it Brown Eyed Girl.

Video Clip of the Week-
I recently came across this little ditty on Funnyordie.com. Give it a look if you have ever longed to see Will Ferrell and Dave Grohl of Foo Fighters letting out their inner Stevie Nicks and Don Henley.
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/02abda16b8

Faster Pussycat –
When I was in high school one of my favorite pastimes was “What shirt will Rick wear today?” It was a simple but fun game I used to play to ease the pain of high school boredom. I had a three hour Radio and TV class with this dude Rick (no recollection of his last name), who had an extensive concert t-shirt collection. I mean this guy had a shirt for every 80’s hair-band that ever cut an album. I had never even heard of many of these groups. Remember my IPOD has songs from Rick Ashley, Lionel Richie and Hall and Oates so Poison and Motley Crew are not signature Reavo listening. Anyhow I would try to guess before class what shirt Rick would be wearing, but I would also award myself bonus points on a sliding scale based on the guessed band’s obscurity. The crown jewel of this obscurity was Faster Pussycat. Yes, old Rick did have a Faster Pussycat shirt. I salute you Rick for your bold concert t-shirt fashion choices!

No comments: