Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Geek or not to Geek that is the question.

Am I a Geek?

Hmmmm… I would have never thought of myself as a geek in the past. But more and more I feel I might just be crossing over into true geek-dom. So let me lay out the facts on both sides of the argument and you can decide.

Pro-Geek – Facts about me that could cross the geek Mendoza Line.

I love the Justice League of America and still have my childhood comics to prove it.

I play in two fantasy football leagues. Now on the surface that does not sound bad, actually fantasy football is a bastion of geek-dom draped in the sports.

I write a blog. For real that is some real geeky stuff. I admit it, but if you actually read it you are way worse.

I know the full theme song to Different Stokes and Facts of Life. Maybe this is just weird, not geek-rific.

I have watched every Kevin Smith movie over 50 times.

I like all time travel themed TV shows and movies.

I know what the prime directive is and actually have an opinion of how it affects Starfleet's alien interactions in the universe.

My favorite book is the Stand and I love almost all Stephen King fiction.

I own an Aquaman T-Shirt.

I have all the seasons of Superfriends on DVD.

I love Logan’s Run, Planet of The Apes and all other kitschy 70’s science fiction.

I listen to lots of Podcasts.

Con-Geek - Facts about me that keep me out of the geek hemisphere

I did watch Heroes, but I have recently quit.

I don’t online game.

I don’t play Magic the Gathering.

I am extremely attractive. Seriously, I am way hot… for real.

I am not a fan of Battlestar Galactica, new or old.

I shower on a regular basis.

I really dig Jackson Browne. This fact does not push me in one direction or the other, I just like to pimp my Jackson Browne addiction.

I have never been to a comic convention.

Ok so now you have the facts. What do you think? Am I a geek or no?

No comments: