Monday, May 19, 2008

Reavo's Strange Likes

First off I realized pretty early on in my life that I have some pretty, how shall we say… interesting likes, others might deem them strange. I find beauty in things many others don’t. I also have a well defined taste palate; enjoying food and tasty treats others with less developed palates might miss the pure deliciousness.

So here are a few of what some people may refer to as “my strange likes”.

Candy Circus Peanuts –Some find them gross, others find them disgusting. Me, I love them. I love them stale and hard. I love them fresh and soft. I love the smell as you bust open a new bag. In 7th grade I ate a whole bag and made myself puke… doesn't matter like a girl that treats you poorly I always come back for more.

R Kelly – Some find him gross, others find him disgusting. Me, I find him to be a pure genius. Yes I know he has may have made some interesting choices where to urinate recently, but dude is a pure lyrical showman. My personal favorite is the Ignition remix.

Logan’s Run- OK I can’t use the gross disgusting line here, but many people find Logan’s Run to be a really boring 70’s sci-fi movie. Me, I see a masterpiece. Sure it moves a bit slow, but it is a great concept and is 70’s kitsch at its finest. However, this one maybe the my fanboy coming out.

Dawson’s Creek – Many may find it a little nuts for a straight man in his mid 30’s to profess his love for a show whose target audience is teenage girls, but if loving Dawson's Creek is wrong I don't wanna be right! I am proud to say I love it (for the record I also like Degrassi as well, classic and the new generation… yeah for real). Weird? Maybe, but I love the Pacey/Joey/Dawson love triangle of season 3. I loved the show because I hated Dawson, so rooting for Pacey to win the heart of the pre-robot Katie Holmes, became good sport. It was a well written (excluding the boring year in college) piece of teenage melodrama that I miss each time a see a crap filled commercial for One Tree Hill.

So those are just a few of my strange likes…

No comments: