Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Loose Ends

OK a couple of loose ends to tie up here my loyal readers…

I have yet another new guilty pleasure, The Paper on MTV. This new reality show instant classic chronicles the inter-workings of a southern California high school newspaper. The show does an excellent job showcasing the true experience of a high school geek squad. Now I was never on my high school newspaper staff… I was way too cool for that.

No, Repertory Theater and Radio and TV class were my personal geek calling cards. But back to the Paper, the thing that makes it a great show is that these kids take the newspaper so seriously. You can also pick out each of the characters from your own high school experience. I went to a school with a girl (HG if you are reading this it’s you!) that is a dead ringer for the lead character Amanda. So if you get a chance throw a glance at the Paper, you won’t be disappointed.

On to other things…

American Idol – Oh what to do about the new singing Elmo doll – David Archamakemewannapuke. I cannot stand this kid.

Scramble – My new addiction is wearing out, I still enjoy a game here and there but the magic is gone I fear.

GI Joe – Good news fellow fanboys… There will be a live action GI Joe movie… Roadblock, Duke and the rest of the Joes will be hitting the screen next summer! Yo Joe! Yeah you guessed it I had a wicked collections of GI Joes back in the day.

That’s it for now…

No comments: