Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Operation Sneaky Tooth Fairy

Recently my wife and I had to attempt a covert operation under the cover of darkness. My daughter CJ had been an absolute nightmare for like a week because her front top right tooth was loose. CJ is the kind of kid that is a dream to be around 90% of the time, but man if she is sick or God forbid has a loose tooth… Katie bar the door, it is time for trauma-drama!

So this tooth was so loose that every breath would move it. Literally the tooth was swinging in the breeze. CJ would absolutely not let us pull it out. She was refusing to eat because her tooth was bothering her, so that compounded her already horrible mood. One morning CJ came in our bed room before school crying and said she look “ridiculous” with a loose tooth lisp, but still would not touch her tooth. I had finally had enough. I was like Joe Don Baker in Walking Tall; I needed to take matters into my own hands.

That night after CJ went to bed it was time to put my plan in action. The insurgent tooth, had to be deal with… it was time for Operation Sneaky Tooth Fairy! I got the flashlight and tiptoed in to CJ room. The glow of my flashlight illuminated CJ’s powdered blue walls, I slowed my breath like GI Joe solider Duke on a mission behind Cobra enemy lines. I was so freaking stealth that CJ did not stir as I made my way towards her bed. I was there, it was the moment of truth; the tooth and I were going to do battle. I moved her upper lip slightly and I barley grazed the loose bugger. That was all it took, the tooth was out in an instance. But… oh no… where had it gone? I could not find the tooth. At that point it was time to call in reinforcements, the wife. I told my wife she needed to go and find the tooth, I was afraid CJ might choke on it or something. The problem is my wife could not stop laughing. So she and I are standing in my daughter’s room, try to regain our composure before completing the mission. Finally my wife pulled herself together and rescued the tooth from CJ bottom lip.

Operation Sneaky Tooth Fairy was completed successfully and the next morning we had our sweetheart back. Can you say Father of the Year?

No comments: