Tuesday, August 19, 2008

New School

Is there anything tougher for a kid than going to a new school? When my wife and I made the decision to send CJ to Catholic School we considered everything from the money it would cost to the educational benefits for CJ. The one thing we really did not consider was the toll it would take on a kid that does not like change one bit.

This is really odd considering I had to change schools in 1st grade, 6th grade and 7th grade due to relocations and recall it was brutal. I remember how tough that first day can be on a kid. I still remember my first day at Westlane Middle School being extremely scary because it was a new city and a new school. I remember sitting alone at lunch the first day because I knew no one.

I know in my heart that we made the right decision, but it does not make the tears she is shedding tonight any easier to see.

1 comment:

Nurse Stacy said...

Coming from someone who grew up in the military and moved every 3 years... the tears will dry up as soon as she finds that one special friend. She will be fine and in the long run will thank you for being so thoughtful about her and her feelings and especially her schooling. You did a good thing dad.

Stacy