Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bring on the New TV Season!

Oh I love this time of year. If you’re a fan of TV this time of year is like Christmas Eve. You know, when your five years old kicking it in your bad arse footie PJ’s waiting to unwrap the Star Wars Land Cruiser the next morning. You think that super special toy is going to be awesome because the package looks good and commercials seem dope, but sometimes that toy turns out to be dud.


Well the new TV season is upon us and we are being inundated with ads for the new shows and a few actually look pretty good, both Fringe and Gary Unmarried have caught my eye. But nothing has me as excited as the return of 90210!


Dude, I love me some 90210. Kelly, Brenda, Brandon, Steve, Silver, Dylan, Donna and the rest of the 90210 gang were a staple of my high school and college years. Even though the Peach Pit After Dark had to be the lamest night club in Southern California history, it looked incredible to me. 90210 also featured groundbreaking musical guests like Color Me Badd and Montel Jordan! Let’s face it the show had it all.

I still watch the show every now and then on the weekends. It repeats well. Damn it Ray Pruitt keep your hand off Donna’s enormous head! It will be tough for these young whipper-snappers to keep up with rivalry Brenda and Kelly had (I was always a Kelly man from day one) back in the day, but I look forward to seeing them try.

Hopefully the new 90210 ends up being a toy that we can all enjoy for the next 10 years…

1 comment:

Rima said...

Sean!

So great! Great minds do think alike...kind of scary if you think about it. What was so great about Kelly?:) The new show has the drama with the parents and "authority figures" I guess for us old people who watched the old show and a lot great plot lines with the younger cast members. What I like about it is that someone actually has thought out the entire season instead of just throwing in stuff as they go along... and then it starts to make no sense.

I wonder if they will bring back Luke Perry as "Dillion" That would be so sweet! What is he 50 now:)

Rima